Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trust Me.

Trust me, these two little words
Mean the world to me.
Blind faith I've had before
To be burned right to the core.
No more of the mindless complacency
That ruled my life into dormancy.

Trust me, I've woken up
To face a world that's ready to give up.
Miles to go before I reap
The simple pleasures that I seek.
A path clearly charted out
Through a turbulent existence, as is no doubt.

Trust me, I know the pain
Of suffering with absolutely no gain.
In the depths of hell I traverse
With only me I have to curse.
But wait and see what's in store
For the chances I'm taking will restore.

Trust me, I know the truth
The trouble is, it's all mute.
The deafening silence speaks not well
As I struggle out of this prison shell.
But with head held high and shoulders squared
To meet MY life I am prepared.

Trust me, it's about time
To venture beyond that faint line.
As I see the face that leads me on
All will be set right that was wrong.
It would be far too easy to give up on me
But I refuse and I will win! Trust me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment