Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank you

I'm going to take this opportunity first to say thank you to all of you who read this dribble, and are still coming back for more. Since most of you who read this are family, your verbal comments (good & bad) are constant, and for that I am grateful and pissed, since none of you can be bothered to write your comments.

For those readers who are not related by blood or marriage, my sincerest gratitude. Although my comment box is nearly always empty, some of you (who know me) have made the effort of calling and letting me know what you think of my blog/posts. The encouragement I've received has been phenomenal.

 With that in mind, I had  written the story (please read last post) for a competition, set up by a group of writers a few thousand miles away. The jury is finally out...... I was the second winner!! Now I know you're probably thinking 'yeah, but it ain't first place'. The fact that I managed to get a mention by a bunch of professional writers was a win for me. By the way, they also decided to send a prize for the second place winner, which wasn't in the rules to start with....that's gotta mean something.

Well, I'm going to get off my high horse and thank everyone of you once again for being the chocolate to my pudding.

9 comments:

  1. Hip....Hip.....Hoooorayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL just checked out ur story....frankly I loved it till the 2nd last line;-P.

    U totally deserve ur prize as u wrote it really well & the ending was the ultimate...nobody, I mean NOBODY cd have predicted tht:-D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is by no means dribble.I have been reading this since you told me about it.I love the way you write.You explain things in ways I would never think of describing them.I have no guidance to give you except keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good going!lots more prizes u shall win, for sure.
    (have been trying to post comments, but the site rejects em)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my mom:

    CONGRATULATIONS again! I knew it before the results were out. I think this particular "LOVE STORY" will always be remembered by your blog readers as they could experience
    the visuals from time to time. I actually did.
    BEST WISHES FOR YOUR WRITING!
    luv u------maa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Think I'm gonna cry. Thank you all who have written in or called or sent me psychic vibes. Your responses really humble me.
    Thank you again ma...you're my rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D surprisingly, badmouthing the readers seem to be getting u a response!!! :D ha ha!!!

    Congrats dear. That was a an awesome story. So well written! U deserved the first prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! that was lovely, the news!! congrats!! and keep going, all around here love your writing for sure, or we wouldnt be here...

    ReplyDelete