Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Things to do

Before jumping into what could possibly be the most thought out list of things I've ever come up with (in my opinion), I must first thank all those who read my thoughts, however inappropriate, crazy, delusional they may be. It would seem I'm more of an exhibitionist than I thought. Hey, if it makes me try harder to be better, it's worth it. So, thank y'all!

Second, this year, after much deliberation, I have come to the realization that keeping resolutions is just a waste of time, especially if you're anything like me, and practice the art of procrastination with the type of expertise that only the dead can match. It's not to say I didn't fulfill most of my resolutions last year, I actually did, except maybe the screaming one, although in all fairness I have toned down enough to stop legislative action from construction company next door. Oh, and I may have gone a little overboard with the 'tolerate stupid people' one, which has changed with immediate effect. All in all, not a bad year last year. I am now capable of kicking ass, or at least pretending to, while conversing in Espagnol with the fluency of a babbling baby. But this year I have no resolutions.... only a list of things I need to do.

I'm not going to bore you with all 2011 things I'm aiming to do, that would be like an imposition, besides, my typing speed sucks. The list is divided into 5 categories and here are the top takers of each.

1. Quit smoking. Before all ye nay sayers start with the 'Oh it's not going to happen, it's so hard', I am only aware of the consequences of failure...so GET OFF MY BACK!!

2. Ask for help with investing. My 'wealth management' skills are directly proportional to my risk taking ability and rests on the alpha of my funds availability. Exactly!!

3. Write. I know, I know. that's what I'm doing right now, but what I'm talking about is writing what I really want to write about.......I'll come to that later!

4. Gain some peace of mind. In other words... stop putting up with other people's bullshit. I refuse to even differentiate between morons and megamorons.

5. Be explicitly honest. Someone wise once said 'tell the truth, and run!'. I for one don't plan to run...I know karate!

Whatever 2011 may bring in its wake, you'd better be sure, I'm ready and meeting it head on. Wish you all a year that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment