Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions 2010

2009 sucked!! Marred with death, accidents, blood, sickness, disease, and my demonic personality, last year is definitely not on my 'Best year of my life' list. In fact, I'd go as far as to wipe it out of my memory if I could, but one can only hope. No, I want no repeat of 2009! And to ensure that it isn't, I have taken it upon myself to make a few resolutions to counteract the curse. I usually don't make resolutions, only because it is a conflict of interest with my personality type (Not crazy, I was thinking more on the lines of volatile). So, here are my 2010 resolutions:

1. I will not scream at my kids! This doesn't mean I'm not going to get mad with them...and they have been fore warned. I have come to the painful conclusion that my blood pressure and heart can only stand a particular decibel, of my own voice...so I shall strive not to go above a medium level growl.

2. I'm going to take my financial bull by it's horns. Not literally! I have foreseen, due to the unrelenting efforts of my husband, that if I was left to my own device, I'd be a pauper. So, I'm going to make sure I know exactly where and how much my husband's life insurance policy is worth. Kidding aside, I believe it's extremely important for women to be financially savvy, and I'm gonna get me some savvy.

3. I will completely ignore stupid people around me; unless, of course, they really piss me off. This one's going to be hard, since I'm constantly surrounded by stupid people. An addendum to this point would be: I'm going to increase my tolerance to stupid people's stupidity.

4. I'm going to learn a new skill. I know old dogs don't learn new tricks but I thought I'd give it a try. I've decided to learn at least one new skill every year for the whole year. Daunting task, I know, since my interest level in most things last as long as a hot molten chocolate cake in front of a chocoholic.

5. Do my bit for the environment. Did I tell you, I've taken to gardening? Fruits & vegetable are going to be the focus, because, as someone wise once said: you can't eat flowers. I've already started by planting my very own staple vegetables; potatoes, onions and garlic. As long as I'm not expected to cook them!

6. Travel to at least one new destination. The problem with this one is that it depends a lot on the bull and his horns. I've got places to see all marked on my world map but the price of pins is steadily getting expensive.

7. Teach my children to be strong in body, mind & heart. I think this is tied into most of the points mentioned above, so if I manage to achieve even a few of them I know I'm doing my children a great service.

I realize, everything we do depends on the choices we make, even if we think we have no choice. I've decided to shape my own future by making some better choices than in the past. No more wishing and hoping! Because, when I achieve my goals, I know, I've changed my life.

1 comment:

  1. Super resolutions. I was expecting the run-of-the-mill crap. But I guess I am not really surprised, since u are u !!! :D

    ReplyDelete